miércoles, 13 de febrero de 2013

Re: "Favorite Carnival Moments"

Despite I'm not crazy about carnival, I have to recognize that I really enjoy the spirit of freedom that rises in every person that is in. I have been always mesmerized with the effect of carnival in social division, it is marvelous how the equality predominates and nobody compares himself, as in Venice, you will see the noble dancing with the jester.

My favourite carnival moments are those that include huge crowds and you can not breath so you remember that you are just another petite ant struggling to have fun. Being drunk is another important part of celebrations, carnival is almost a good excuse to be pleased with the worst of you without any regret: Most animal feelings appear and we have to attend the call of nature in aid of keep our colourful culture alive.        

3 comentarios:

  1. Geraldine, it is very interesting and true from a different point of view, your opinion. First I have to say I like the way you  write because it is _ very similar to poetry something I admire greatly. Regarding your of carnival perspective, I'm kind of agree with you and I think that as you are a student of music, you have a more critical concept of what is culture and its expressions also.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I´m very interested about the way you think, it seems like you are a very smart girl that thinks after talk, i´m glad to study with someone who thinks like me. I´m with you when you say that these kind of celebrations liberates the worst of everybody but looks like when all the people accept his differences and respect them can enjoy together in a temporal happiness state.

    ResponderEliminar